Maximum width you would make a door
(08-17-2019, 01:48 PM)mike4244 Wrote: The panels should be quarter sawn when they are that wide. I'm assuming the doors are solid wood. 
mike

I'll disagree and say if the it's a good glue up and flat to begin with it wouldn't be any more of a problem than a 14" panel.
My concern is about when the door is open -- too big a door might be hard to work around.  

Try the cardboard mock-up.  Could make your options clear.
Cool
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Or do a center stile in the door and have 2 panels in the door. It won't solve the too big of a door issue. But it would definitely change the look - maybe good, maybe not.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
I ended up making 2 doors rather than one large one and the largest single door will end up being 14" wide.  I did a mock up with cardboard as suggested and felt single doors would be to difficult to work around when opened.  All the panels will be booked matched.
My rail door patterns go up to 22" wide doors. Thats as wide a door as I will build
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020