Primer paint
This.............
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I prefer oil primer also.  I guess it goes to when i was a kid back in the 50/60's and that was all we had to use.  I like latex for a lot of things but for primer.  I hate HVLP systems to spray latex; tried two different ones.  Thankfully I have a Pro SW store that I have an account so I can get oil and lacquer based finishes. 

I really don't know if oil is better or not it's just what I am used to and like it - for wood.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(08-20-2019, 08:27 PM)FyySnipe Hunter Wrote: This.............

looks like crap
Looks better than peeling paint or rot to me. There's nicer looking trim than the one I linked. If I were building a house, it would be vinyl trim board. And be done with it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Latex primers don’t or didn’t bond worth a hoot to cedar or pine when I was doing a lot of exterior repaints 10-12 years ago. Smart siding products and concrete board is a different story though. OB primers are thinner viscosity and the soak into the wood deeper and dry slower. Go to a real paint store if you have trouble finding an OB product.....unless you’re in CA or other states that don’t carry solvent based products.

I believe oil based paints have been outlawed in certain states.  That might be why he can't find any.
Recently got some at SW. not sure if it is available in your state??