Well
I'd be inclined to cap it and then disavow any knowledge of how it got capped.

usually the less the government knows, the better.

if its not grouted correctly, then that could possibly be a problem with contamination of the aquifer.  but if its been around for a long time, maybe not.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

The only contamination of the aquifer would be all the rodents that fell into the pipe.

They say fracking doesn't contaminate, I'd say how in the world would they consider concrete or masonry or sand or even dirt a contaminate? Foolishness!
I'd cap it and move on. You may need to use it in the coming years, who knows.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-22-2019, 08:43 PM)daddo Wrote: The only contamination of the aquifer would be all the rodents that fell into the pipe.

They say fracking doesn't contaminate, I'd say how in the world would they consider concrete or masonry or sand or even dirt a contaminate? Foolishness!

Around here if your well head gets flooded, they consider it contaminated until its checked out.  So its not the entire aquifer, just localized contamination.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

My sister put a picture pump on hers.  She figures if she ever needs it, electricity won't be available either.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(08-23-2019, 06:42 AM)Cecil Wrote: My sister put a picture pump on hers.  She figures if she ever needs it, electricity won't be available either.

Deep well pitcher pump?
I've been considering a inline stainless steel hand pump. Mounts on the well head, hooked in line on your electric pump pipe. Switch a valve to use it.
But at $600.00..........
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-24-2019, 11:09 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Deep well pitcher pump?
I've been considering a inline stainless steel hand pump. Mounts on the well head, hooked in line on your electric pump pipe. Switch a valve to use it.
But at $600.00..........
Raised

Not to mention that the extra pipe in the well displaces allot of water so now your capacity of water in the pipe is much lower.
(08-25-2019, 06:10 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:            Not to mention that the extra pipe in the well displaces allot of water so now your capacity of water in the pipe is much lower.

What extra pipe?
Hand pump uses the same submersible pump pipe.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-25-2019, 08:52 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: What extra pipe?
Hand pump uses the same submersible pump pipe.

On a deep well you have another sucker rod that goes down for the hand pump. Hand pumps will only pull from around 25'. It also requires a special well seal with another hole in it and if you have your water come out the well seal it will most likely not work as it's in the way.
(08-26-2019, 07:31 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:         On a deep well you have another sucker rod that goes down for the hand pump. Hand pumps will only pull from around 25'. It also requires a special well seal with another hole in it and if you have your water come out the well seal it will most likely not work as it's in the way.

Maybe 2 centuries ago.
Winkgrin 

I said a inline pump. Switch a valve on the pump. Hand pump or use your submersible pump.

https://www.bisonpumps.com/product/inline-pump/

http://www.bisonpumps.com/wp-content/upl...d-Pump.pdf
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020