Wood Splines
I am building a couple of small boxes with maple tops and jatoba boxes. These boxes will have visible splines. Should I go with jatoba splines or use some other wood for a show effect? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Black splines for contrast. Hopefully, the maple has enough punch to be the star.
Good question. Lots of people go for contrast in such s detail but I usually opt for a quieter look using the same wood. For me the contrast of different grain direction is enough and the detail becomes something one notices upon closer examination and not from across the room. Personal preference.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(08-25-2019, 06:50 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: Good question. Lots of people go for contrast in such s detail but I usually opt for a quieter look using the same wood. For me the contrast of different grain direction is enough and the detail becomes something one notices upon closer examination and not from across the room. Personal preference.

Same here, it's the understated "less is more approach"
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)