Block Plane?
(08-27-2019, 06:28 PM)med-one Wrote: Just get one and start makin sawdust!

Doesn't sawdust come from power tools?

Just sayin...
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Depends on how you set up a plane, actually..
Winkgrin 

May have meant shavings?
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-28-2019, 05:37 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Mike, I mentioned in my review of this plane that I had an early version in my shop for testing about a year before the DX/NX60 went into production. It went back to Canada as it was only one of three available for evaluation. My comment in the review was that sending it back was like giving up heroin
Smile  What a gorgeous block plane in all areas - looks, construction, features, and ergonomics. If I could have just one block plane, this is it.

My wife likens it to a Porsche ...

[Image: Veritas-Premium-Block-Plane-html-7ce481f7.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to hand tools. I prefer the traditional look and feel of the LN planes to the modern styling of the LV Veritas planes - except for the Veritas NX60 block plane. Rob Lee brought a sample of the NX60 and its little brother the DX60 to the first Woodworking in America at Berea KY before they were introduced to the market and passed them around at dinner one night. Everything about the NX60 is wonderful: the looks, the feel, the heft, the size and the features - everything. The DX60 is nice, but it pales in the glow of the NX60. To borrow Derek's metaphor, it's kinda like settling for a VW after you've taken a Porsche for a spin around the block. I've been toying with the idea of ordering an NX60 ever since, but they are pricey. One of these days ....
(08-28-2019, 12:49 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: I'm a traditionalist when it comes to hand tools. I prefer the traditional look and feel of  the LN planes to the modern styling of the LV Veritas planes - except for the Veritas NX60 block plane. Rob Lee brought a sample of the NX60 and its little brother the DX60 to the first Woodworking in America at Berea KY before they were introduced to the market and passed them around at dinner one night. Everything about the NX60 is wonderful: the looks, the feel, the heft, the size and the features - everything. The DX60 is nice, but it pales in the glow of the NX60. To borrow Derek's metaphor, it's kinda like settling for a VW after you've taken a Porsche for a spin around the block. I've been toying with the idea of ordering an NX60 ever since, but they are pricey. One of these days ....
Lee Valley hasn’t shipped the NX60 for years now, although Rob says it will be available again one day. I waited a long time for them to start shipping again and I finally gave up and bought the DX60 about two years ago. Very happy with it just the same. 

BTW, I didn’t know you were at WWIA in 2008-it was a short drive (walk) for me! I also go through Columbia frequently, just passed through earlier this week as I took my youngest son back to The Citadel.
(08-28-2019, 05:44 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: Lee Valley hasn’t shipped the NX60 for years now, although Rob says it will be available again one day. I waited a long time for them to start shipping again and I finally gave up and bought the DX60 about two years ago. Very happy with it just the same. 

BTW, I didn’t know you were at WWIA in 2008-it was a short drive (walk) for me! I also go through Columbia frequently, just passed through earlier this week as I took my youngest son back to The Citadel.

The NX is a beautiful plane.  I was one of the lucky ones at the WIA dinner to handle it when Rob Lee passed it around.  It's like buying a Ferrari, though.  You end up paying more than most other offerings for the privilege to own it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Just arrived today...
Cool

But wait, there's more.....
Winkgrin

Marsh, out of Rockford, ILL, USA

Spent $18 + tax.   Might have been worth the 5 block walk about?    5 blocks each way, walking to rehab my knees.
Cool 

Needs a good scrubbing, is all.    YMMV
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that