Saw Sharpening
I have an old Disston hand saw in need of sharpening.  Any recommendations in the Bucks County, PA area?  Thanks in advance...FPT
Take a look at Blackburns Tools. Seems like he is in your area/ state.
BontzSawWorks.net
Issac at Blackburn stopped taking handsaws for sharpening several years ago. In a year or so when I retire, I'll start taking in some work, but don't have the time right now.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(08-23-2019, 07:43 AM)fptahoe Wrote: I have an old Disston hand saw in need of sharpening.  Any recommendations in the Bucks County, PA area?  Thanks in advance...FPT

Took mine to a well known, old school, hardware store in Newtown. They send out for sharpening. Was definitely not satisfied...
I think I am going to learn how to sharpen myself one of these days/weeks/months/years...
Box up your saws and send them to Bob Page. He goes by “Engineer” on this forum. He has done a few for me. Always top notch service. I doubt you could find any better.
(08-24-2019, 07:38 AM)jasfrank Wrote: Box up your saws and send them to Bob Page. He goes by “Engineer” on this forum. He has done a few for me. Always top notch service. I doubt you could find any better.

Bob knows what he is doing for sure.
(08-24-2019, 04:09 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Took mine to a well known, old school, hardware store in Newtown. They send out for sharpening. Was definitely not satisfied...
I think I am going to learn how to sharpen myself one of these days/weeks/months/years...

About 10 years ago I did something similar, when the saw came back it looked nice, but cut like a butterknife.  That's when I decided to learn how to sharpen saws.
I bought some online, some at yard/estate sales. Watched videos, read this forum , etc.

Dove in and sharpened a few saws. Not that hard at all.

We're tool guys here... you CAN do it!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I on the other hand have sharpened a few saws, have the equipment, etc. And have come to the conclusion that I hate doing it. I need to send out a few to be sharpened, and just sell the equipment. But like is typical for me I haven't gotten around to it.
Smile

Thanks to all. 

Admiral, I did try to send Engineer a PM but he apparently has not enabled that feature so he can not receive my message.  Maybe he will see this and PM me.  Thx again!