Safety Switch for Table Saw
I’ve been wanting to put one of these switches on my General contractor’s saw for a long time, because I am always fumbling around trying to find the off switch. Apparently, there is a demand for them, because I saw about 20 different models on Amazon.

The thing is, it seems every one has problems, including:

• No instructions
• No wiring diagram
• Won’t fit into a standard electrical box
• Screws provided are wrong size or too short

I realize a lot of people don’t need a wiring diagram or directions, and for them it’s probably no big deal to get the screws or electrical box needed, but it seems to me that some company could do a good business with a product that provide instructions that a non-electrician can follow, fits into a standard box, or provides a replacement, and provides the right hardware. Anyone know of such a switch?

Oh yeah, I’d also like it to be magnetic, although that is not a deal-breaker.

Hank Gillette
Hank Gillette
Grizzly.com has one that fits a standard receptacle box.
They have less selections also...........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I made my own with a piece of 1/4" plywood that pivots at the top of the switch box with a hole for the on button.  its nice and big so I can hit it with my knee if need be.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(08-25-2019, 09:17 PM)meackerman Wrote: I made my own with a piece of 1/4" plywood that pivots at the top of the switch box with a hole for the on button.  its nice and big so I can hit it with my knee if need be.

Could you post a picture of it?
Hank Gillette
(08-25-2019, 08:42 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Grizzly.com has one that fits a standard receptacle box.
They have less selections also...........

The same model is on Amazon and multiple reviews say that it does not fit.
Hank Gillette
(08-25-2019, 11:39 PM)hankgillette Wrote: The same model is on Amazon and multiple reviews say that it does not fit.

If I can remember it, I'll get the number off of mine.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My neighbor built one like this with a longer bar - https://www.google.com/search?q=saw+safe..._6ay1XLN8M:

Simon
(08-25-2019, 11:37 PM)hankgillette Wrote: Could you post a picture of it?

sure.  Its pretty simple.  I see lots of them that people got all complicated making, and if it works for them, that's great.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Here's a shop made one shown at about 7:52
https://youtu.be/NnYebk1Vf9o?t=469
I use a kick plate on the bottom for hands free shut down if my hands are busy holding after a cut. A slight and lite kick will flip the switch off.
Has saved me a few times when being hung up on a cut and letting go of the board could have had bad results.

[Image: aErDlTb.jpg]