Change to the RAS recall (PSA)
I just noticed the Craftsman RAS recall payout has been reduced to $50. It's long been my habit to notify CL sellers of the recall when I noticed one for sale, pointing out they can get $100. However just checking my link, I see that last month the modified the amount. So if you were holding off sending yours in, the value just went down.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I sent mine in four years ago.  The $100 offset the amount I spent on a 1960-ish Delta Rockwell Super 990 that needed some rehab.

Problem with the 990 is that it needs a new king bolt, and I haven't been able to find one in that time.  
No  (With props to the Delta parts rant thread.)

If I can't find one of those bolts soon, I'll probably part the saw out and buy a new slider to take over the function.  Maybe a Bosch glide or Dewalt slider.
How long has that recall been going on?  I got the new guard and table parts, it seems like at least 10-12 years ago and I think it had been going on for a while then.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

No idea, I sent mine back in the mid-90's, and another one around 2000 or so. They ran out of the replacement tables/guards and switched the plan to $100 for all models. I suspect there were some folks buying them off CL for $50 or less, and then sending them back themselves....this revision makes that a lot less attractive. I have to think it will end at some point, maybe this was just to make the remaining money last longer.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-27-2019, 06:13 AM)WxMan Wrote: I sent mine in four years ago.  The $100 offset the amount I spent on a 1960-ish Delta Rockwell Super 990 that needed some rehab.

Problem with the 990 is that it needs a new king bolt, and I haven't been able to find one in that time.  
No  (With props to the Delta parts rant thread.)

If I can't find one of those bolts soon, I'll probably part the saw out and buy a new slider to take over the function.  Maybe a Bosch glide or Dewalt slider.

Parts don't show a "King Bolt"- you sure you have the right definition of the part?

Like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-Rockwell-...SwlkFdIjwc

[Image: s-l225.jpg]
I got the updated table and guard back in the early 2000's. Never put them on.
Sold the saw and parts a couple years ago.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I paid $100.00 for mine used but in nearly new condition about 20 years ago.  I doubt it is worth more than $50.00 now.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-27-2019, 02:45 PM)daddo Wrote:  Parts don't show a "King Bolt"- you sure you have the right definition of the part?

Like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-Rockwell-...SwlkFdIjwc

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

I have the parts list for the saw; the item shown is one of two "king bolts" in the parts drawing.  The larger one shown in your pictures goes from the track up through the arm.  The king bolt I'm looking for is shorter and goes through the yoke and the roller casting assembly.

To Fred:  Sorry for highjacking your post; I'll take this elsewhere if it continues.  I got a bit chatty while putting in my first response.  
Yes
It's not a problem for me....I'm into RAS threads no matter where they go.
(08-27-2019, 07:22 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have the parts list for the saw; the item shown is one of two "king bolts" in the parts drawing.  The larger one shown in your pictures goes from the track up through the arm.  The king bolt I'm looking for is shorter and goes through the yoke and the roller casting assembly.

To Fred:  Sorry for highjacking your post; I'll take this elsewhere if it continues.  I got a bit chatty while putting in my first response.  
Yes

Looks like a 1/2x28 bolt with a key slot of xx?.

The bolt I can easily make, but I would have to get a cutter for the key slot. Would need the dimensions of the bolt/key slot.

(The highjacker).  
Cool