abranet
Has anyone used abranet sanding pads,and if so what is your opinion of the results?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(08-28-2019, 05:09 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: Has anyone used abranet sanding pads,and if so what is your opinion of the results?

Mel

That's all I use for turning - last MUCH longer IMHO than standard paper, and being a mesh they don't load up like regular paper. I buy the bigger sizes and then cut them into varied size strips for different project sizes.
Hands down my favorite.  The dust collection is excellent and the mesh does not clog.  I haven't used anything else since I started using them.

Lonnie
Thanks guys,that's what I want it for,turning.Appreciate the feedback,gonna order me some.Appreciate the advice.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(08-29-2019, 02:06 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: Thanks guys,that's what I want it for,turning.Appreciate the feedback,gonna order me some.Appreciate the advice.

Mel

I have used wonder weave from woodturnerswonders.com   Similar product and Ken has some great buys and service.
Mike

"Start off slow and taper off."
Agree on the wonder weave. Restocked last week. Needed all grits of 2&3" round velcro backed pads. While spending almost $200.00 I got a lot more discs than anywhere else for that much money. They are just as good as Abranet in my opinion. I have never used anything but the rounds, so cannot speak to the sheet goods. Do almost no spindle turning mostly vases and bowls. On the real fine grits, sandpaper wears out very fast. Wonder weave lasts much longer.On the corian I sand to 3000 then polish with Platix bought at Wally world. Also ordered 4 2" round wool buffing pads with velcro backing. Can't wait to see how they compare to the shop towel I am used to using.