Floor refinishing
(08-30-2019, 02:49 PM)tomsteve Wrote: purchase more then take back what ya dont use.

+1 on this.  They are not cheap and do last a while but why risk it.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(08-30-2019, 07:38 PM)John Mihich Wrote: +1 on this.  They are not cheap and do last a while but why risk it.

Sage advise - will do.  I'm renovating the room, so installing new baseboards and trim which is part of the reason I'm doing it now even though the floors are in pretty good shape.

Any thoughts on the thinned clear for the first coat adhering better, or product recommendations?

Thanks again, I appreciate the input.

Hey, just noticed I hit 100...
it really depends on the finish that is on there now.  When I refinished some floors, I ended up being happier with the drum sander.
(08-31-2019, 11:09 AM)Bach1750 Wrote: Sage advise - will do.  I'm renovating the room, so installing new baseboards and trim which is part of the reason I'm doing it now even though the floors are in pretty good shape.

Any thoughts on the thinned clear for the first coat adhering better, or product recommendations?

Thanks again, I appreciate the input.

Hey, just noticed I hit 100...

I would just get the finish that you desire. Maybe thin the first coat slightly.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.