Bench Dog Tools
Jeez, you go away for a year or two and everything changes. What happened to Bench Dog Tools? Rockler sells stuff under the name, but did they buy the company or just the name?

I have one of the old Bench Dog ProLifts, and was hoping to buy another steel router plate inserts, since the smallest hole any of mine have is two inches. The router plate inserts Rockler sells are aluminum or plastic, and are of a different size.

It looks like I have been orphaned. Oh, well, everything works fine; I just wanted a smaller clearance on the bits.

Hank Gillette
Hank Gillette
Bench Dog filed for bankruptcy in 2007 and Rockler became the new sugar daddy.  I recall this because I have several of the older Rockler router plates that I was able to buy on closeout.  The store manager at the local Rockler explained that their router plates were heavily discounted because they acquired(?) Bench Dog and will be using their plates going forward instead which were of a different dimension.

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/2007/10...ankruptcy/
(08-30-2019, 07:46 AM)Cian Wrote: Bench Dog filed for bankruptcy in 2007 and Rockler became the new sugar daddy.  

Huh. No wonder I couldn’t find anything about it online.

I see that I bought the router table extension for my table saw and the router lift a couple of months after they filed for bancruptcy. Somehow, I never heard. 

I kind of lost interest in things, and didn’t set up the router life until 2012, and by then, I guess it was old news.

Thanks for the info.
Hank Gillette