Recessed Light Fixture is Killing Light Bulbs
Iff'n you're motivated while they are home just run an extension cord from a different circuit to the router.
(09-03-2019, 01:02 PM)Admiral Wrote: Funny, read this and ran into a union electrician doing work at my office on the way to the head, and asked him.  He said the neutral is causing intermittent mini-arcing inside the socket.  Shut off power, and reach in and pull down the center tab just a little bit to reestablish the connection.  Easy enough try at solving the problem if it works.  Otherwise, he said check the hardwire connections.  

EDIT:  He also said free electrical advice is worth what you pay for it!!  :-)

Thanks for that... I have 2 fixtures in my shop that seem to burn out quite regularly...
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I have 14 can lights, the BR40 base.  4 in the kitchen on the same circuit, and I think I think I'm on my 4th box of 12 in the 8 years we've been here (new in 2011).  I've replaced one of the other 8.