Opinions about the Grizzly G0817 bandsaw
Anyone have one (or an opinion)? I'm considering a second BS in the shop and am interested in the Grizzly or possibly the Rikon 10-353. Interested in your point of view.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I see the Grizzly is back ordered
No hurry on my part, I'm still thinking it through.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred,
If you're looking to resaw 12" or less the G0513X2F is a good choice. Same horsepower as the G0817 with larger cast iron wheels which I think will give you longer blade life due to less fatigue. Price is just $200 more than the sale on the 817.

I have the G0513X2B version and love it. Quiet, plenty of power (for me anyhow) and smooth running.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(09-03-2019, 08:13 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Anyone have one (or an opinion)? I'm considering a second BS in the shop and am interested in the Grizzly or possibly the Rikon 10-353. Interested in your point of view.

About 5 years ago I went with its bigger brother to get 3hp, a G0514X2, principally to resaw and rip with (I also kept my 14" Delta in the shop for the smaller stuff) and am very satisfied with it; the basic design and a lot of the features (e.g., resaw fence) are the same as the one you are considering.  You have to tinker with it a bit to get it dialed in, but once you do, it runs like a top.  IIRC, it was several hundred dollars less when I got it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis