Grizzly Tools Sold Light Yesterday
Went to a semi-local auction yesterday.  Just happened to combine three of my interests of woodworking, metal working, and scale model farm equipment.  

Metal working tools sold strong.  Little horizontal band saw brought $350.  Enco bench top mill/drill brought $2,750 (it did have DROs and vice was included).  5C collet set, indexer, and holder all sold pretty high I thought.  

Over on the woodworking side, there was bargains to be had.  

Started out with a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw.  It went for $300.  Decent money, not high or low.

Then we moved on to the Grizzly G0586 jointer.  It's an 8" model with a mobile base.  It sold for $350.  

Lastly he had a Grizzly table saw with accessories.  Delta sliding table, 52" rails, aftermarket fence, mobile base, etc.  It all went for $325.  

Kind of a weird auction.  The owner, a soft spoken older gentleman, was present and very involved.  There was a lot of lots.  Box of this, box of that.  I guess that drives the price up.  Nothing real high end.  There were a few homemade things.  Homemade box joint jig didn't sell.  Homemade horizontal tilting router bench went for $40-$50 I believe.  

I only kick myself for not taking the trailer.  Probably would have bought the jointer and maybe the tablesaw.  Keep in mind there was a 10% buyer's premium and 7% sales tax added on to all bids.  

https://www.nickclarkauctions.com/auctio...l-auction/
(09-06-2019, 01:24 PM)DieselDennis Wrote: Went to a semi-local auction yesterday.  Just happened to combine three of my interests of woodworking, metal working, and scale model farm equipment.  

Metal working tools sold strong.  Little horizontal band saw brought $350.  Enco bench top mill/drill brought $2,750 (it did have DROs and vice was included).  5C collet set, indexer, and holder all sold pretty high I thought.  

Over on the woodworking side, there was bargains to be had.  

Started out with a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw.  It went for $300.  Decent money, not high or low.

Then we moved on to the Grizzly G0586 jointer.  It's an 8" model with a mobile base.  It sold for $350.  

Lastly he had a Grizzly table saw with accessories.  Delta sliding table, 52" rails, aftermarket fence, mobile base, etc.  It all went for $325.  

Kind of a weird auction.  The owner, a soft spoken older gentleman, was present and very involved.  There was a lot of lots.  Box of this, box of that.  I guess that drives the price up.  Nothing real high end.  There were a few homemade things.  Homemade box joint jig didn't sell.  Homemade horizontal tilting router bench went for $40-$50 I believe.  

I only kick myself for not taking the trailer.  Probably would have bought the jointer and maybe the tablesaw.  Keep in mind there was a 10% buyer's premium and 7% sales tax added on to all bids.  

https://www.nickclarkauctions.com/auctio...l-auction/

What makes you think you could have gotten anything cheap.  Did the buyer slow down when bidding.  You may have gotten into a bidding war with the person that did buy it.  I have seen this happen at auctions where the buyer really doesn't know when to stop.  Was at one where I thought I would get it was bidding on and get and dropped out after the item was bed more then a new one
There is a like new G0555X coming up on an estate sale, at $300.00 I would be all over it.

Guessing they will want double that.

Ed
(09-06-2019, 08:50 PM)EdL Wrote: There is a like new G0555X coming up on an estate sale, at $300.00 I would be all over it.

Guessing they will want double that.

Ed
Brings back memories of old auctions I've been to.  One especially was a old delta jig saw, no motor and incomplete yet went for more than the price of a new one.  You have to know your completeness and prices before going to auctions IMO.
(09-12-2019, 06:04 PM)hcbph Wrote: Brings back memories of old auctions I've been to.  One especially was a old delta jig saw, no motor and incomplete yet went for more than the price of a new one.  You have to know your completeness and prices before going to auctions IMO.

Curiosity got the best of me today, went to the sale.

The saw was as new, perfect shape. $650.00, so just over half of new. Good saw for someone, not in my budget today.

Ed