Fake Dewalt planer??
Those scam ads are all over my FB page.
Upset
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
(09-11-2019, 09:03 AM)Dave Mc Wrote: Those scam ads are all over my FB page.
Upset

Mine too. Not that long ago my FB page was being blown up with all kinds of these fake deals for all the major tool brand kits. Things like $150 for a 16 piece Milwaukee kit. I flag them all as they came up and FB's answer was that they all met their advertising requirements??? Never purchase anything offered for sale through FB has been my motto ever since.
(09-11-2019, 09:03 AM)Dave Mc Wrote: Those scam ads are all over my FB page.
Upset

Given their most recent data breach, FB has zero data security, and I question if they gave a darn about security in the first place, and I doubt they ask very many questions of their advertisers.  I quit FB several years ago, they are the worst of big Tech.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Excuse my ignorance. What is a FB account good for? I have never had one...my life seems fine without any twitter, IG, etc. Frankly, if forums had not demanded membership to post, I would not have got any forum accounts. I never share travel photos etc, with strangers, nor am I interested in theirs.

Simon
(09-11-2019, 12:54 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Excuse my ignorance. What is a FB account good for? I have never had one...my life seems fine without any twitter, IG, etc. Frankly, if forums had not demanded membership to post, I would not have got any forum accounts. I never share travel photos etc, with strangers, nor am I interested in theirs.

Simon

If you have kids or younger relatives they post pics of their kids, etc., and if you want to stay in the loop, you have to join.  My bride has an account solely for looking at other peoples' posts. My view is whoever wants to contact me can find me, and while Woodnet is technically "social media" its about the extent of what I wish to participate in.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
To do all of the above (except looking for people or getting found which I don't do), I rely on a) whatspp b) email c) phone calls and d) gathering.

Guess my family and acquaintances are more old-fashioned.

Simon