How to show off figure in a piece of wood
Sorry for the four posts,  could not figure out how to get the pics in one post.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Beautiful piece of wood thanks for showing all sides, after seeing those photos would pause before cutting into blanks. Just not sure if could drill and tap some portions of the wood or have enough of a top once I did.

Maybe other might have better suggestions on how to move forward.

Good luck with it know your stoppers will be beautiful!
Bill
seeing the photos, I would build a form around it using your first photo to the bottom and fill with clear casting resin. you will get much more use from the entire blank.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I turn a lot of burl bowls and one thing I've learned about burls is you never know what's inside until start turning it. That's what I like most about them, it's always a surprise. So, considering that, try to plan your cuts to get the most yield and have at it.
(09-11-2019, 10:30 AM)crokett™ Wrote: if the wood is highly figured, feature the figure, not the design.

(09-11-2019, 12:46 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: I second that emotion.
earl

You need both
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning