I want to buy some older Porter Cable Routers
I purchased a Castle TSM-20 Pocket Hole machine used yesterday and am excited to have it up and running.

The machine is designed to use a Porter Cable Router model number 6902 for the pocket cutter.
The machine is designed to use a Porter Cable Laminate Router model number 3102 for the drill.

Neither of these are currently available new and so I want to purchase one of each to have available as backups in case of a failure on one of the other units. 

Does anyone on Woodnet have these and would you be willing to part with them to help me out? Or course I will pay for the routers and shipping.

Thanks in advance for looking.
(09-12-2019, 09:18 AM)sroxberg Wrote: I purchased a Castle TSM-20 Pocket Hole machine used yesterday and am excited to have it up and running.

The machine is designed to use a Porter Cable Router model number 6902 for the pocket cutter.
The machine is designed to use a Porter Cable Laminate Router model number 3102 for the drill.

Neither of these are currently available new and so I want to purchase one of each to have available as backups in case of a failure on one of the other units. 

Does anyone on Woodnet have these and would you be willing to part with them to help me out? Or course I will pay for the routers and shipping.

Thanks in advance for looking.

the 6902 is still made, they just changed the number.  I think the only thing that's really changed is the motor release mechanism and they've upped the HP from 1 1/2 to 1 3/4.

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-690L...B00005QEVQ

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(09-12-2019, 09:39 AM)meackerman Wrote: the 6902 is still made, they just changed the number.  I think the only thing that's really changed is the motor release mechanism and they've upped the HP from 1 1/2 to 1 3/4.

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-690L...B00005QEVQ

3102 might be a trick though. Those that have 'em tend not to part with 'em.
(09-13-2019, 07:02 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: 3102 might be a trick though. Those that have 'em tend not to part with 'em.

I'm surprised; the 3102 router is fixed-speed with very high rpm.
What is used as a bit?

Matt
(09-14-2019, 11:27 AM)mdhills Wrote: I'm surprised; the 3102 router is fixed-speed with very high rpm.
What is used as a bit?

Matt

My 3102 has only been used with two bits: 3/16 round over (BTW, if you don't have this it is really in the goldilocks zone in size for easing edges) and a solid carbide laminate trimming bit. Normally the round over is kept in it for use as needed. Both small diameter and both just fine with max RPM.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(09-14-2019, 08:37 PM)KyleD Wrote: My 3102 has only been used with two bits: 3/16 round over (BTW, if you don't have this it is really in the goldilocks zone in size for easing edges) and a solid carbide laminate trimming bit. Normally the round over is kept in it for use as needed. Both small diameter and both just fine with max RPM.

Any change you would be willing to sell it, trade for something, or let me buy you a new one for a trade?

I would really like to own a back up because the Castle TSM-20 is designed to use this unit and can't easily be retrofitted to use something else.

PM me if you want to discuss options?
My 3102 is used for round overs. I use it a lot.
VH07V  
Switches, bearings, brushes, cords are still available. Maybe stock up on some parts so you can rebuild the 3102 at some point. PC routers are easy to repair.

view-source:https://www.ereplacementparts.com/porter-cable-3102-type-laminate-trimmer-motor-parts-c-129_1861_1873.html
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-15-2019, 04:21 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Switches, bearings, brushes, cords are still available. Maybe stock up on some parts so you can rebuild the 3102 at some point. PC routers are easy to repair.

view-source:https://www.ereplacementparts.com/porter-cable-3102-type-laminate-trimmer-motor-parts-c-129_1861_1873.html

Not against that idea, but I've convinced myself that if I had 99% of the replacement parts the 1 I didn't have is what I would need. 

Oh well, I may have to go that route.
(09-15-2019, 01:57 PM)sroxberg Wrote: Any change you would be willing to sell it, trade for something, or let me buy you a new one for a trade?

I would really like to own a back up because the Castle TSM-20 is designed to use this unit and can't easily be retrofitted to use something else.

PM me if you want to discuss options?

I PM'd you about selling this router Did you get it? I really do not understand this new forum and all the un-intuative obstacles put in place on use the old forum did not have. 
I have had the same email for years and do not want to list it publicly on places like this forum. If you can figure out how to get me an email I will gladly communicate and we can probably make a deal both will like.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!