Yard Sale find...
Stopped at a few sales, today....only spent $5...on one item....
Rolleyes

Seller wanted $10 for a #3 sized hand plane....I got the price down to $5, because of the broken Lever cap....I might have a spare..
Winkgrin

Will just have to do...for now...lets see...

Sole could stand a good cleaning..
Rolleyes

Guess the frog could too....back of the frog had a surprise, or two...
Winkgrin

And...3 patent dates.   Wasn't any on the lateral lever....just a STANLEY stamped into it...

Toe has a Rosewood knob, a "NO"  and a "3" in front of the knob....and a BAILEY behind the knob...
Cool 

Cleaned the iron a bit, to see what the logo was...
Winkgrin

Not too bad, for 1/2 price?   Seems to be a type 11?   Depth adjust wheel is 0.990"....aka 1"Both handles are solid, no breaks or chips.   Both are Rosewood. 

I paid the fellow, and got back in my van...and drove to the next sale....may use tomorrow to clean & sharpen?
Confused
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice catch! 

We avoid this type of sale--wife is setting up her own sale and has been all summer. I'm rounding up all our old yard catches for her's. Tools aren't something I need as she is eyeing all my boxes that never were organized from the last cleanup. She is demanding more garage space, what I have pushed against for 40 years and stopped my organization cold a year ago.

The headaches of garage sales!
Was messy inside..
Rolleyes

Got all the parts off..

And started cleaning....then got out the sharpening stuff
Winkgrin 

Even have a stone for chipbreakers...
Cool

And, even ran the strop, on both the iron, and the chipbreaker...then set the chipbreaker 2mm back from the edge 
Cool  

Got the frog all cleaned up, including all the bolts, and got it set up where it needed to go.. 
Winkgrin

Got the rest of the parts cleaned up, and installed back onto the plane, threads were given a drop of 3in1 oil.  Japanning was wiped down with a bit of the oil.  Sole was cleaned, and flat.   sides were cleaned up...about time ti test drive....was out of the easy to plane Pine, got out some Ash, and did a face grain run...
Cool  

Not too bad, for just 2 hours in the shop...
Confused  

Apparently, the plane had laid on it's side....had a bit of pitting..
Rolleyes  

I don't think it will hurt anything...

Just a $5  hand plane, anyway..
Winkgrin    Stanley No. 3, Type 11.....about 115 years "young"
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin   may I look this good, at that age
Cool
Gave it a job, today....
Rolleyes

Trimming end grain, so the 2 boards match each other...
Good Job and Good Find.

Nice to see the vintage stuff used the way it
was intended!

Cool
Cool
Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me