HANDTOOLS: Drivers, Drills, Dividers, 78s, 80s, bits and braces....et al
I've been meaning to post some worthy tools for some time, but life intervened with other demands. Here's some tools I would own and use, a pretty good variety and represents the pick of the pickings at several flea markets and sales this summer. All prices are plus shipping. See PM instructions and payment terms at the bottom of the post.

I try and price for users, and likely could do better on ebay but choose not to deal with them, so some good value here for users.

Pictures can be found at this Flickr album, pics are in the order of my descriptions below.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...0856712908

Let's start with some Yankee drivers, in the pick from right to left: 130A (comes with a spring but old timers removed them, this one is removed) a #30A with the spring, both of these are in very nice condition; then a not often found #35,  SOLD original North Bros manufacture, with a bit, this was the smallest driver they made. All work like they should. Take your pick for $15 each.
Continuing to the left, is an absolute super crispy #135 in the box, with a bit, zero apologies, you don't find them this nice very often. SOLD $28.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 48738763278_87e8d7c9a8_b.jpg]

Next are some dividers, all high quality makers, from left to right: Union Tool 8"; Union 6"; Starrett 6" and a 7" SOLD solid leg style with fine adjustment wheel. Take your pick of any of these for $15 each. All the way to the right are two Brown & Sharpe #800 4" dividers, these have the machined solid legs, great quality dividers equal or superior to Starrett, in the nice 4" size, $20 each BOTH ARE SOLD.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 48739092686_c5796cc81d_b.jpg]

Next are some eggbeaters, all of which have chucks that work like they should, all have the double drive gearing, an indication of quality, and all by quality makers. Buy with confidence.
the first of these are the Millers Falls #2A, very, very crispy, great condition and all original except for the side chef's hat handle, it was missing it and I replaced it with one from the bone yard. As nice as the come. SOLD $45. Above it in the pic is a Millers Falls #5, good condition, works smoothly, quality maker, with the original side handle often missing, SOLD $30. These two make a good set of a medium and smaller drill set. Take 'em both for $70....
Next pic is of another very crispy Stanley #624, same size as the MF #2, all original including the side handle; partial Stanley decal, wood is very nice as well. $35.
Last but not least is a pair of Millers Falls #77 and #77A (it has more red paint on it) drills, very nice quality smaller drill, again, chucks are good and both have good wood, including side handle; dual gearing, quality eggbeaters, take your pick for $25.  Teaser pics
[Image: 48738762988_b62b71900d_b.jpg]
[Image: 48739269652_dba6fe09db_b.jpg]
[Image: 48738762573_b8be1fa47d_b.jpg]

Next up are three saw sets, all have good anvils and strikers that are not buggered up, and all work as they should and are original. From left to right: Millers Falls #214; not often found, I buy every one I can get, use one myself, an excellent set which many prefer over Stanleys, yours for SOLD $30; then we have two Stanley #42 sets, they've banged around in tool boxes but both work as they should, take your pic for $25 each One sold, one still available.  teaser pic:
[Image: 48738762433_80eaff0f95_b.jpg]

Next pic, here's a totally crispy Record A151 flat bottom spokeshave, this one is UK made (not the asian stuff Irwin is peddling nowadays), still has factory grind on the blade; if I had the box this would be NOS quality, yours for SOLD $38.pic
[Image: 48739271407_dc82c80f0f_b.jpg]

Next pic is a Stanley #49 brace bit depth gauge; one of the better designs out there, very effective gauge, very clean, I'll throw in the #12 short bit for free..... SOLD $22
[Image: 48739091671_4c2cb95492_b.jpg]

Next up is a Craftsman standard angle block plane, very similar to the Sargent design, Sargent would make stuff for Sears; nice, solid and heavy plane, very clean with no rust or pitting, $25. Teaser pic
[Image: 48738760353_76e55faf82_b.jpg]

Next are two Stanley #80 scrapers, both have "Triangle" logo, so 20's vintage, the front one has a short Sweetheart (SW) blade, the back one has one made from a handsaw plate, old timers always did that, and they work well if sharpened properly; soles are good on both. Take your pick for $35. Back one Sold, front one available Teaser pic:
[Image: 48738761768_16e0c9b0a2_b.jpg]

Next are two #78s and both in nice shape, good soles on each, the first one is a Sargent, very pretty design actually, and it is complete with nicker, fence and depth stop, good condition, SOLD $45. The second is a Stanley #78, again, good condition and has SW iron, with nicker and fence, this is missing the depth stop. SOLD $38.  Teaser pics:

[Image: 48739270707_c302664cfe_b.jpg]
[Image: 48739269507_e16eb5c7b9_b.jpg]

Now for brace bits. All of these have good flute life and the lead screws are not all buggered up, so they are the pick of my hunt as I pick these up one or two at a time. The first set is a set of 11 Irwin pattern bits, missing only the 11 and 13 (not much used anyway), mixed set of Irwin manufacture and others, yours for SOLD $55. The second is a set of 8 bits, a 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16, most often used bits, yours for SOLD $40.
Next is an Irwin #2 adjustable bit, bores 7/8 to 3 inch holes, has two inserts, in the original box, in very nice condition with little use at all. Crisp, yours for $22.  Teaser pics:
[Image: 48739090801_7de8c8ea03_b.jpg]
[Image: 48739270162_028b5d477c_b.jpg]

Last but not least are three braces, from left to right: Yankee 2101A 12" throw brace; the cadillac of braces, best bar none, works as it should, will take brace bits and round bits as well, clean user tool, yours for SOLD $40. Next is a Craftsman (Millers Falls manufacture) #4240 10" brace; quality chuck and enclosed ratchet are indicias of quality, great brace, yours for $25. Last is a Stanley #945, good condition, worthy tool, yours for SOLD $20.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 48738760598_16e5e4281b_b.jpg]

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and PLEASE include your full shipping address so I can quote shipping so we can avoid multiple PM exchanges.

Payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine, I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology so don't ask, I'm old school and an old dog who can't learn new tricks, so my apologies to all in advance.

I'll ship when I get your mail payment and PM you when shipped so you'll know when to expect the tools.

Again, tools priced for users that I would own (If I didn't already have them... :-) .... ).

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent on 2101A brace and 135 driver.
Sending pm on Miller's falls 2A!
Ok, I think I've responded to all so far, and the following are pending sale:

One #80 scraper (with the saw blade) (the other one is still available;
A151 shave;
2101 Brace;
135 Yankee driver;
MF #2A drill;
Stanley 49 depth gauge;
The #35 Yankee driver;
7" divider;
Sargent #78 (Stanley 78 still available);
MF #5 drill;
4" B&S Divider (still have another available);
MF #214 saw set;
Set of 8 Brace Bits;
Stanley #42 saw set (still have another available)
the set of 11 brace bits and the Stanley 945 brace are sold.
Stanley #78 is off to a new home...
The Union Tool 8"; Union 6"; Starrett 6" dividers that are still available for $15 each, take 'em all for $30 plus shipping;

The Stanley #80 scraper (in front) is available, reduced to $30 plus shipping;

The very crispy Stanley #624 eggbeater now reduced to $30 plus shipping;

The Craftsman (Sargent) block now $20 plus shipping....

Everything else left (I've marked what is sold) prices are the same. Thanks for looking.
(09-19-2019, 01:36 PM)Admiral Wrote: The Union Tool 8"; Union 6"; Starrett 6" dividers that are still available for $15 each, take 'em all for $30 plus shipping;

The Stanley #80 scraper (in front) is available, reduced to $30 plus shipping;

The very crispy Stanley #624 eggbeater now reduced to $30 plus shipping;

The Craftsman (Sargent) block now $20 plus shipping....SOLD

Everything else left (I've marked what is sold) prices are the same.  Thanks for looking.

Bump for some worthy tools.

Oh, I picked up another Record A151, this one is still in its packaging (a bit ratty, but still sealed) so it is NOS.  You can have it for the same price, $38 plus shipping.....
Craftsman block plane is sold.
The second Record A151 shave is sold.