Another Craftsman band saw
[attachment=20596]

[attachment=20596]I just bought another Craftsman 103.24260 band saw for $25. This one came complete with a home made wooden stand, dead motor, and a speed reduction system to slow the saw down to 120 rpm to cut thin aluminum. Here are a few pictures of the pulleys mocked up on my bench. I think the pulleys and arbor alone were worth about the amount I paid for the complete saw. Has anyone else seen a reduction system similar to this? I will start a second thread with questions on the motor. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-16-2019, 02:18 PM)pgriff Wrote:

I just bought another Craftsman 103.24260 band saw for $25. This one came complete with a home made wooden stand, dead motor, and a speed reduction system to slow the saw down to 120 rpm to cut thin aluminum. Here are a few pictures of the pulleys mocked up on my bench. I think the pulleys and arbor alone were worth about the amount I paid for the complete saw. Has anyone else seen a reduction system similar to this? I will start a second thread with questions on the motor. Thanks.

Sorry about that. I added the wrong pictures. Here are the pictures of the saw and the pulley system.