Skunks
I remember my Father In Law telling how his Dad would live trap them, and kill them with a long sharp wire by sticking them ? Maybe between the eyes? He's not around to re ask, but it was a good story and he wasn't one to just BS.
Reading up on them, they don't climb fences well. They most always will have
a hole in the fence they use to get in. When I did away with the ground level
holes, the skunk problem was over.

But yes, I trapped one by accident one time. The blanket trick worked and
I was able to release it and watched as it sauntered over to the hole and left
the yard.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(09-18-2019, 02:23 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Looks like this would be fun -

https://www.amazon.com/Blaster-Activated...B07FP9PSWL

especially if you got some video of it in action.
Laugh

I have thought about those to keep the stray kids and dogs away from the house..... Lots of deer but they don't cause any problems (nothing for them to eat since it hasn't rained in months).
(09-18-2019, 11:15 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: So far the light worked. Actually saw skunk trip motion light. He scurried to back fence and tried to get out and the found an out. This skunk was huge. Put a saddle on it and you had a ride. Will see in the morning.

In NJ, get a firearms ID card from your local PD; then take a ride to Cabelas off of I-78 in PA, get yourself a Gammo, 1200 fps .177 pellet rifle like the one below.  I've taken out many groundhogs with head shots, and dozens of rabbits; comes with a scope and its quiet.  In NJ still qualifies as a firearm, hence the FID card.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-VAR...s?slotId=7
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-20-2019, 08:22 PM)Admiral Wrote: In NJ, get a firearms ID card from your local PD; then take a ride to Cabelas off of I-78 in PA, get yourself a Gammo, 1200 fps .177 pellet rifle like the one below.  I've taken out many groundhogs with head shots, and dozens of rabbits; comes with a scope and its quiet.  In NJ still qualifies as a firearm, hence the FID card.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-VAR...s?slotId=7

Talk to our health inspector today and looks like we are going trapping. he will get rid of them for me.
John T.
(09-20-2019, 08:40 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Talk to our health inspector today and looks like we are going trapping. he will get rid of them for me.

Thats impressive!

All you would get here is "thats your problem"

Ed
(09-20-2019, 08:52 PM)EdL Wrote: Thats impressive!

Ed

This guy seems like a nice guy. He was suppose to meet me the day before but he totally forgot and he actually  said that to me and could not be more sorry for missing the meeting. He said he will take them far out of town and has done this before. Hopefully this works because once again last night this thing tore up my lawn again.
John T.
(09-20-2019, 08:52 PM)EdL Wrote: Thats impressive!

Ed

I'm impressed as well, since the answer ED got is what we get on most issues. Sounds like your tax dollars get used to help you (novel concept, huh?). Also, when it comes to skunks and hornets, it's always better to let someone else take care of it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Caught one last night. Animal control came to take away today and he got sprayed. Man does that stink. He needed a bigger towel. Had to give him an old sheet I had. Will see tonight if he was a lone skunk or has friends and family in town.
John T.
(09-23-2019, 07:16 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Caught one last night. Animal control came to take away today and he got sprayed. Man does that stink. He needed a bigger towel. Had to give him an old sheet I had. Will see tonight if he was a lone skunk or has friends and family in town.

Ewwwww.  We have allot of skunks in the spring here some years(another reason you can't open the windows in the spring). One year I was driving from Fort Worth to Red River NM and I was counting the dead skunks on the side of the road.... I stopped counting at 35.... I needed one of those number counting clickers.

I still remember when a friend from Hawaii came to visit and asked me if Armadillos were real....