Skunks
I took out a family of skunks in the spring, this week it's been 3 squirrels in 3 days.  Hoping for one last one tomorrow.  I have a house
made out of redwood squirrels chew through the trim to get into the attic.  Trim is almost impossible to access and not anything that can 
be found on a shelf.  I have stopped tossing them into the trash as they can make the can stink so I toss them near the fence and they 
vanish by morning.  No idea if it's a cat, coyote, possum, raccoon or fox that is making a meal out of them just glad they are gone
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The saying sly as a fox should be changed to sly as a skunk. For 2 days now this skunk has walked around the trap ate the food just before the trap, walked in half way and then walked out. He refuses to be traped. Used fresh tuna fish in a can and spread some out on a plate, so the smell has to be there but he prefers to just chew up my lawn. he does it all around the trap too. This is getting frustrating.
John T.
Crossbow and be done with it.
He escaped the night again. Seems to not have a taste for sardines or tuna fish and marshmallows. Cats sure do. Chased another one last night right as he was about to step on plate. I caught all others with the tuna. This is a finicky skunk. Again I just do not understand how an animal can stick his nose in the ground for 10 hours straight. Suck up all that dirt. Lived in this house for 35 years and never seen this before. Hope to never see it again.
John T.
Sounds like he is trolling you. He is in your head.
(10-03-2019, 05:24 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have a similar problem with coons. They aren't doing the yard damage but they are destroying other stuff (like my garden) and leaving their crap everywhere on the deck and steps. So I feel confident in telling you that NO, the problem does not ever end. It may go into a lull after you remove so many, but mother nature has a way of regenerating the problem down the road. We live out in the country, and have accepted it as part of our lifestyle....but that doesn't mean I like it.

Fred, I put a container out on the deck with a slice of bread and a dose of antifreeze, cover the container so no pets can get in it (It won't stop the coons) and problem solved. No bodies ,No more coons
(10-15-2019, 10:45 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Sounds like he is trolling you.  He is in your head.

He is winning. I will not give up. I will not give up. I will not give up. I will not give up. 
Confused
John T.
(10-15-2019, 08:24 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: He is winning. I will not give up. I will not give up. I will not give up. I will not give up. 
Confused

You need ballistics.  If not air or powder propelled, then the crossbow.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Surprising you haven't caught him.  I know it's frustrating wish you luck.  I am on the 5th squirrel in 6 days.  Everything is prepped for another tomorrow I am hoping to be close to clearing them out for the season.  I don't know what's eating them but all 5 have vanished and the one today did so much earlier than the first 4.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Good luck, just be warned that mother nature will fill the void, unless you get rid of what they are eating. In the winter I have trapped out every rabbit in the area. At least there were no tracks in the snow for a couple of months. I don't think they learned to fly so as to not leave tracks. Come spring they showed up again so they could snack in my garden. Did this for two years in a row. Gave up and fenced it in. It took me a while but I finally admitted defeat. I am a slow learner.