Storing Veneer
I recently realized I have quite a bit of veneer cutoffs of all sizes and shapes but no good way to store them. I would like to hear how some of you store yours.
For me storing them is easy; in an assortment of boxes. The trick was remembering what I have and in which box.
My solution? Each group of veneer sheets is photographed with a label specifying species, length, width, count, and box #.
All digital photos are stored in the same folder so visually scanning them is now simple.
(09-20-2019, 12:19 PM)Chuck Nickerson Wrote: For me storing them is easy; in an assortment of boxes. The trick was remembering what I have and in which box.
My solution? Each group of veneer sheets is photographed with a label specifying species, length, width, count, and box #.
All digital photos are stored in the same folder so visually scanning them is now simple.

Good idea Chuck. I'm sure I'll use at least some of you method.
Jim
Jim
(09-20-2019, 10:16 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I recently realized I have quite a bit of veneer cutoffs of all sizes and shapes but no good way to store them. I would like to hear how some of you store yours.

I just started collecting veneer too.  I took digital photos and keep them on my computer and I also put them on a spreadsheet, printed it out and adhered it to the box. for reference.  I also bought a few of those plastic stackable bins that pull out and sort them by color.  seems to work out.  now just to get in the shop and make something.
I don’t take pics or make notes. That way it’s like Christmas morning every time I open up the veneer package. I forget some of the good looking stuff that’s inside.
John
Photo 
Hi,

This is what I do with veneer shorts.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-25-2019, 04:09 PM)jstraw Wrote: I don’t take pics or make notes.  That way it’s like Christmas morning every time I open up the veneer package.  I forget some of the good looking stuff that’s inside.

Crazy Merry Christmas dude. That's pretty much what I've been doing except they were in several different places around the attack & wood shed. At least I got them in one place for now. priorities, etc.
I have an old box from a folding scooter. About 36” x 12” x 2”. It has a nice tab and slot sealing top.

Ideal for storing veneer cut offs.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-25-2019, 07:55 PM)Steve Altman Wrote: Hi,

This is what I do with veneer shorts.

Great idea. Now I just have to find a place to hang them 
Smile
(09-28-2019, 10:11 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Great idea. Now I just have to find a place to hang them 
Smile
The photo is the door of a wall cabinet. I have another set like that on another door. Here's a webpage with a photo.