For sale Clifton #7 handplane - FINAL PRICE REDUCTION!
For sale is a like new Clifton #7 handplane. The iron still has the original factory grind, it’s never been sharpened. There may be a couple of scratches from being moved around but otherwise it’s like new. Tools for Working Wood lists it at $460, I’m was asking $350, FINAL PRICE REDUCTION to $300 plus shipping. If it doesn’t sell at this price it’ll go back on the shelf. Prefer PayPal friends and family for payment or a money order, if I know you a personal check is fine.

I’ve been a member of Woodnet for many years but I haven’t posted in a real long time. Some of the “old timers” should remember me. Anyway, if you have any questions please ask and as always the first to say unequivocally that they’ll take it gets it.

Attached Files Image(s)

"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Price reduced to $325 plus shipping.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
(09-21-2019, 02:13 PM)John Clifford Wrote: Price reduced to $325 plus shipping.

That is a very sweet plane, total quality, at a very reasonable price (70% of retail) given its basically new.  If I didn't already have two different #7s, this would make me think very, very hard.

And hey, John, visit more often!!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-20-2019, 01:07 PM)John Clifford Wrote: For sale is a like new Clifton #7 handplane. The iron still has the original factory grind, it’s never been sharpened.  There may be a couple of scratches from being moved around but otherwise it’s like new. Tools for Working Wood lists it at $460, I’m was asking $350, now reduced to $325 plus shipping. Prefer PayPal friends and family for payment or a money order, if I know you a personal check is fine.

I’ve been a member of Woodnet for many years but I haven’t posted in a real long time.  Some of the “old timers” should remember me.  Anyway, if you have any questions please ask and as always the first to say unequivocally that they’ll take it gets it.

Selling an item and asking to be paid using the Paypal "friends and family" option violates their terms of service. It also makes it impossible to the buyer to protect himself if your item should fail to arrive or if it is not in the condition described. If you don't want to pay the modest 3% Paypal fee I suggest you accept only a check or a money order or ask the buyer to pay the fee.
This is a really nice plane.  Gettin close to "Plane buying season" too, so it shouldn't be here for very long.
Final price reduction to $300 plus shipping. If there are no takers it’ll go back on the shelf.

(09-24-2019, 07:41 PM)John Clifford Wrote: Final price reduction to $300 plus shipping. If there are no takers it’ll go back on the shelf.

We remember you, John..Good to see you posting here again...Hope you and yours are doing well....

I will just add that John is an honorable guy and you can believe what he tells you..
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(09-25-2019, 08:52 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..........................
We remember you, John..Good to see you posting here again...Hope you and yours are doing well....

I will just add that John is an honorable guy and you can believe what he tells you..
Yes

And I would add that John has a very fine eye for tools, he always bought the best!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank you Timberwolf and Admiral for the support. I haven’t posted in ages since life has kept me away from most woodworking for several years, mostly raising my kids, work and buying a new home while totally rehabbing the old one to get it ready for sale. I lurk from time to time but haven’t really posted. I’ve been getting the itch to start building furniture again now that I have a bit more time since the kids are both in high school with the oldest driving now, they are becoming very self-sufficient. Anyway, thanks again and it’s good to be back.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember selling this plane to John a few years ago. It was a beautiful plane, unused when I sold it. It was a beautiful plane and I am sure it will be a great addition to a prospective buyers tool arsenal!