Prazi Chestmate dovetail jig discontinued?
no one seems to sell it, but the website shows it.
(09-24-2019, 07:13 PM)Woodworm! Wrote: no one seems to sell it, but the website shows it.

If that's true, its a shame. I've had one for 9+ years and use it all the time. Fantastic jig. Just used it yesterday actually.

Frankly I was always shocked how people would spend $300 or more on a fixed jig, when this was less than $75, and the spacing, pattern and width of board could be anything.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(09-24-2019, 09:14 PM)packerguy® Wrote: If that's true, its a shame. I've had one for 9+ years and use it all the time. Fantastic jig. Just used it yesterday actually.

Frankly I was always shocked how people would spend $300 or more on a fixed jig, when this was less than $75, and the spacing, pattern and width of board could be anything.

Just heard back from them, it has been discontinued.
(09-25-2019, 07:28 AM)Woodworm! Wrote: Just heard back from them, it has been discontinued.

I was going to say that a quick search of their PraziUSA site does not show the Chessmate.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I have one and like it a lot. If you find a manual you can make your own.
(09-25-2019, 11:07 AM)pprobus Wrote: I was going to say that a quick search of their PraziUSA site does not show the Chessmate.

Paul
http://praziusa.com/chestmate.html
(09-25-2019, 11:08 AM)Chuck Nickerson Wrote: I have one and like it a lot. If you find a manual you can make your own.

Found a new one on Ebay, do you need to use a 13/16" thick indexing board or can you get away with 3/4"?
(09-25-2019, 11:08 AM)Chuck Nickerson Wrote: I have one and like it a lot. If you find a manual you can make your own.

Here's the manual:

http://praziusa.com/pdf/Chestmate-Owners-Manual2.pdf
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis