Tote blueprints
I thought Lee valley had some measured drawings for totes that fit Stanley planes but I can't find them.Computors are not my generation so any help in locating the prints would very helpful to me.
Thank you in advance.

Tom
(09-26-2019, 04:59 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I thought Lee valley had some measured drawings for totes that fit Stanley planes but I can't find them.Computors are not my generation so any help in locating the prints would very helpful to me.
Thank you in advance.

Tom

Here you go! http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=63262

Sam
I used those drawings to make a new tote for a #6 I got from my dad.  Printed it full scale and glued it to a piece of rosewood I had. Cut it out with a bandsaw and rasped it to shape. Worked great. Fit like a glove. 

Phil
Thank you for the links. I tried everything except template. to me that is not a template so I would never have thought of that.I have made 70 or 80 before and I have a lot of bubinga blanks sawed up I just didn't know where to start the hole..

I knew someone here on the forum would come to my rescue.

Tom
(09-27-2019, 05:03 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Thank you for the links. I tried everything except template. to me that is not a template so I would never have thought of that.I have made 70 or 80 before and I have a lot of bubinga blanks sawed up I just didn't know where to start the hole..

I knew someone here on the forum would come to my rescue.

Tom

Google search tip:

I searched (verbatim) - stanley totes inurl:leevalley . The link I posted was the top result.

Google has a ton of functionality beyond basic search. In this instance, the "inurl:leevalley" only searches web domains that have "leevalley" in them.

You can search any site on Google by typing in site:randomwebsitehere.com. (i.e. to search leevalley.com, add site:leevalley.com to your search). This can be useful if you want to search a site, such as Lee Valley, for something you know you've seen there before. It also works with only the domain (i.e. .com, .org, .edu, .gov, etc.) So if you wanted to search only academic institutions, just add site:.edu to your search.

Another common operator I use is "type". If you know the plans were a .pdf you could type - stanley totes type:.pdf inurl:leevalley . 

This would give you really precise results. "type:" also works with other document types (i.e. .doc or .docx for MS Word, .xls for Excel, etc.)

The search - stanley totes site:leevalley.com type:.pdf - returns three results. Much easier to sift through than the normal millions that Google returns.

Hope that helps some folks!

Sam