dominos too wide for mortise?
(09-28-2019, 12:25 AM)mdhills Wrote: I'm making some dominos mortises in plywood.
The narrow setting with the 5mm bit ends up too narrow so that the tapered ears of the loose tenons won't fit into the mortise.

I seem to recall some old threads about this -- is there a known cause that can be avoided,
or should I just be expecting to either trim the domino or use the medium-width mortise?

thanks,
Matt

Matt, try microwaving the dominoes to shrink them . I have not used Dominoes but have done this with biscuits and loose tenons.
I spread biscuits on a dinner plate and nuke them for 10 seconds. I try them out on a scrap board that I slotted with the biscuit jointer.
If they fit they go into a plastic bottle and capped. Once I had to nuke some twice to get them to fit. I think this may work with dominoes.

mike