WTB Lie-Nielsen 102 Bronze block plane
Just for clarity, the standard bronze 102 is $115. and is usually in stock.  A special run of white bronze 102's just sold out at $150.  The iron 102 is no longer made, but they were $95.

Potentially, any out-of-production Lie-Nielsen tool could be worth more than its purchase price, but that depends entirely upon demand.  As Phillip said, there is a tight range of prices for used LN tools, often reflected here on items available for sale.
Thanks for the clarification, Mike. There are only certain "collector" items I am interested in. My mistake.

Ps. Still hunting in cracks.
(10-01-2019, 08:14 AM)Admiral Wrote: Last week a friend took a trip to Maine and of course stopped at LN, this weekend he showed me the white bronze 102 he bought; apparently they are in short supply and not advertised.  Very nice plane, although I don't think the white bronze adds anything to the functionality of the plane.  He also bought a #8, which was backordered.

I just took delivery of a 51R, a plane I've coveted for many a year. It's a beaut.
Would the indivdual who sent me an offer by PM please check for my return PM?  Thanks.  You should have two PM's from me.
Found the item I was looking for.  Thanks for the help and comments everyone.
I bough two white bronze 102’s from Lie Nielsen which were leftover from when they made them for Woodcraft as a limited edition run.
Lie Nielsen took a dremel and grinded down the date that was in the casting in the front. I wasn’t to happy to see those grinding marks
at first, but maybe they are worth more now because I look at them as blems.

Jack