Cheap sprayer for oil based finish
Looking for recommendations on cheap airless sprayer to spay oil based varnish for a garden bench I refinished.

I dont have a large compressor so that route wont work. I dont usually use oil base so I dont expect to use the gun for any other projects, hence cheaper is better. It's an outdoor piece so a piano finish is not required.

I dont want to brush coats, I have already spent way too much time sanding the old finish off.

Attached Files Image(s)

No help here.  That is a GREAT looking bench!

I'm not a fan of "cheap".  If I did not want to pay for quality, I would consider renting.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Try Harbor Freight.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
How about this. On sale for $80. 
https://www.rockler.com/earlex-hvlp-prec...H2EALw_wcB
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Try the Harbor Freight purple HVLP for less than $15 Go on youtube and look up this gun. Absolute junk as is but a real gem in the rough if cleaned and assembled properly. It is assembled with some kind of silicone type product. Get rid of this and assemble with teflon tape and or o rings where appropriate, otherwise the silicone will spray out in globs or totally clog up the gun. The videos will show you how to do everything. . I have seen 1 job that was sprayed with this gun using a catalised colored varnish. I was amazed. Flawless finish. Depends on if you want to spend 1-2 hours making it right or want to use a gun right out of the box. I am thinking about getting 1 for myself just to mess around with. The guy who sprayed the finish I saw is the one who told me about this gun.
The OP wants airless and doesn't have a compressor.

I've seen small airless sprayers for sale on Ebay. I don't know anything about their quality. Also, if you definitely want airless, be careful as you shop, some sellers don't know the difference between the self contained HVLPs and airless. From my limited information, it looks like the hand held Graco airless units are probably the best.

If a self contained HVLP will work for you, the Homeright models appear to get pretty good reviews. Also, the Wagner brand is well known. I think they get mixed reviews.
(09-30-2019, 09:28 AM)Terry W Wrote: How about this. On sale for $80. 
https://www.rockler.com/earlex-hvlp-prec...H2EALw_wcB
I would second the Rockler Earlex for 80. No compressor needed since the HVLP pump sends enough air through a ~1.5" diameter hose. I used this DYC one to help a buddy spray PlastiDip on his race Miata which is about the viscocity of BLO:

https://www.dipyourcar.com/products/dyc-...5631238212

DIY rebranded it and sells it for 160 which is still a  good deal IMO. Car turned out great and was our first attempt at spraying. Very even and easy to control and clean. I liked it so much I bought it from him. I haven't tried a varnish yet but, I tried to paint 3 walls of the shop with some watered down latex 4:1 paint water. Looks fine but not as ideal as the thinner PlastiDip. Paint was still too thick for this sprayer unless you get a different nozzles which it appears Rockler sells too.
Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the Earlex from Rockler.