Perishing PT deck built in 2009
You've got me there. That would not be fun at all.   Though my screws are not stainless, except on the railing caps.  I found the stainless screws to be too soft.  They strip just looking at them.  Had to discard a third of them I'd say, even using the square drive in 2009.  Maybe I got a bad batch of them as well.
sleepy hollow

(10-02-2019, 06:15 AM)sleepy hollow Wrote: You've got me there. That would not be fun at all.   Though my screws are not stainless, except on the railing caps.  I found the stainless screws to be too soft.  They strip just looking at them.  Had to discard a third of them I'd say, even using the square drive in 2009.  Maybe I got a bad batch of them as well.

I would look at them again with your new decking. I just replaced all of my decking with them and only had a handful of a couple thousand screws I had any issues with stripping. These were Grip Tite brand Torqx head screws. Granted my decking is all SYP as that's what we have on the east coast which is pretty soft.

Good luck looks like you have some work ahead of you! 
Wink
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
When I rebuilt my deck all the sistered-up joists were rotten and the single joists were in pretty good shape (Douglas Fir).

Best practices has you place rubber roofing tape over the sistered joists.  Water collects in the space between the joists and even PT lumber cannot tolerate constant moisture like that. 

I'm not saying that is what happened, but clearly the doubled up joists are in worse shape than the rest of the lumber.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Just so you all can see the extent of the rot, here are some additional pics.  Note that I used 30# roofing felt to flash over the joists at the point above the beam.  Ther rot is pretty indiscriminate as far as I can tell: sistered vs. single vs. flashed, vs. unflashed.  A veritable potpourri of rot variations.  Also, the deck boards are shown in one shot.  They are so disappointing,  beautiful select pine that is disintegrated.  

sleepy hollow