How to De-Wally a Dovetail Saw
Good question: I did take full passes on the Tormek on both sides of the spine, but honestly I did not count the passes to ensure that I tool off the same amount on both sides. This saw has become a test dummy of sorts, as you will see in a future related post to be calle "the sharpening of the saw formerly known as the Wally saw". Stay tuned (same bat time, same bat channel).

(10-02-2019, 08:53 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Curiuos question: Does the removal of some brass material affect the balance of the spine in any way?

Simon
(10-02-2019, 12:27 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Phillip, I am not sure if you are aware, but there was a limited edition of the Medallion Toolworks Dovetail Saw referred to as the "Wally edition". This has commanded very high prices on eBay. In the four figures! As you are aware, Medallion are no longer with us, and their value goes up and up. Do you think that you could put the Wally back?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Dang! That's just plain mean!!!
Fair winds and following seas,
Jim Waldron