Restoring Delta 20" bandsaw
I'm sure there are other band saws that use that same trunnion; randomly searching parts diagrams isn't in my fun list!
Now where is that chisel
Coming along.....
Found the right paint at Sherman Williams. Should have got gloss instead of semi gloss. Got to sand one time then one more coat. Still haven't found that confounded trunnion!

[attachment=21159][attachment=21160][attachment=21161]
Now where is that chisel
If you can supply the dimensions, a competent machine shop can repair that old one.
A whole new one can be made from steel. Looks like you have what would be needed to duplicate it- would be time consuming.  It couldn't be constructed the same as the cast one, but that doesn't matter. It would work the same.

Man I love to see young guys with a can do attitude!  This fella is an example.

Looks good. From the pix it looks like the bottom part of the trunnion base is part of the cabinet. I doubt you will find another built like that. But that cast iron part doesnt look that hard to duplicate in either wood or iron if you can find a shop to do it. I would go the wood route and make it out of plywood, maybe something like baltic birch that has lots of plys and minimal voids. Looks like you have a decent router table, so once you get the curve set you can make a pattern and cut the rest from it. Good luck, keep the pix coming.
(10-21-2019, 06:23 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Looks good.  From the pix it looks like the bottom part of the trunnion base is part of the cabinet.  I doubt you will find another built like that.  But that cast iron part doesnt look that hard to duplicate in either wood or iron if you can find a shop to do it.  I would go the wood route and make it out of plywood, maybe something like baltic birch that has lots of plys and minimal voids.  Looks like you have a decent router table, so once you get the curve set you can make a pattern and cut the rest from it.  Good luck, keep the pix coming.

Hard to determine the actual size and potential weight of the trunnion from the pictures.  Many at OWWM make patterns and send them to Cattail Foundry in PA. to have cast iron parts made.  I'm told they do excellent work for reasonable cost.
I made this temporary trunnion until I can find an original. I have another metal strap going thru the inside that is bolted to the trunnion base. I could not break the bond of the steel reinforced epoxy without breaking the whole thing. Now to fit the table on (100lbs) and order aftermarket blade guides.

[attachment=21322]
Now where is that chisel
(10-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Smashedfinger Wrote: I made this temporary trunnion until I can find an original. I have another metal strap going thru the inside that is bolted to the trunnion base. I could not break the bond of the steel reinforced epoxy without breaking the whole thing. Now to fit the table on (100lbs) and order aftermarket blade guides.

Looks good.  Did the saw come with any of the original hardware to mount the guides?  I had one of the 20" delta saws that was Taiwanese built and swapped the guides to Carter ball bearing versions.  At the time they had not yet finished the mounts, so my saw was used to help prototype them.  This is probably going back 15 years.  I dont have that saw anymore, having replaced it with a American version Delta 20 that I also fixed up.  I ended up moving those guides to this saw and put the cheesy versions back on the Asian version.
(10-12-2019, 08:53 AM)Smashedfinger Wrote: I'm sure there are other band saws that use that same trunnion; randomly searching parts diagrams isn't in my fun list!

Let's see now, restoring an old saw with broken parts IS on your "fun list" but doing the work to find the parts to make it new again isn't, right? Got it.

Doug
Someone needs a hobby besides berating others posts.
Now where is that chisel