wood burning tool recommendations
I'm in the market for a detailing wood burning kit. Lots of options out there.
Any recommendations from experience you can offer and features/quality to look for?
thanks
Ray
Ray
I don't do much in the way of pyrography, but I bought this kit and it has served me well enough over the years.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(10-07-2019, 05:34 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I'm in the market for a detailing wood burning kit. Lots of options out there.
Any recommendations from experience you can offer and features/quality to look for?
thanks
Ray

I use the Razertip pens but made my own power unit using surplus parts consisting of a small transformer and a Variac.. Razertip has a good reputation..I don't think you would go wrong with any model they sell..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(10-07-2019, 05:34 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I'm in the market for a detailing wood burning kit. Lots of options out there.
thanks
Ray

I have the Razertip also.  Used it to burn logos into custom bats for the grandkids.  Am happy with it.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Plus one on the Razer brand
Got one like this for momma:
https://www.amazon.com/TRUArt-Profession...og&sr=8-17
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Gary, I’ve been looking over that one too. It’s a little less than a razertip. Does it work well?
Ray
I believe it’s plenty good; Judy doesn’t use it much.
I’ve used it a few times to sign small spirit carvings I send to the grandkids.
I’m no pyrographic artist.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I’m no such artist either and not sure if I will ever aspire to it, but I want something of better quality than the hobbyist junk from the box store to do some accurate and quality burning on carvings and such. So the prices jump from $30 to $200 really quick.
I have a daughter who might make more use of it than I would though.
Ray
(10-10-2019, 06:43 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Got one like this for momma:
https://www.amazon.com/TRUArt-Profession...og&sr=8-17
From my experiance I have found changing tips is a pain and most people that burn all the time do not use ones that they have to change tips. I would subscribe to a wood burning forum and review how many are using ones that they have to change out the tips.
Good luck on your search.