Pitch Removal
(10-09-2019, 07:55 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Soak in Simple Green, scrub with an old tooth brush, then rinse off with Hot water. Dry with a hair dryer or hot air gun. Should take 5 minutes.

Regards from Perth

Derek

+1 on the simple green.  I bought a gallon, an oil change pan, and a brass brush to clean all blades and bits.  When I'm done, I pour it right back into the gallon.  Been reusing it for the past 5-6 years.
Thank you all. Far more information than I expected. Howards input was always excellent, and worth listening to. I see he hasn't posted in over three years, that's too bad.
Denture cleaners will remove organic matter safely. 

Place the saw blade in a shallow dish filled with very hot water and drop 4 or more tablets in the water and wait about 10 minutes (or until the solution clears).  Wash and then add some WD40 as the super clean surface will corrode quickly.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.