Jet 15" BS vs. Laguna
I'm looking at purchasing either a Jet JWBS 15 BS 220v or a Laguna 14BX.  I like the Laguna but I'm pretty tall at 6'2" and the table height on the Jet is about 3-4" higher which would be easier on my back. The downside is it's more expensive and it doesn't have a brake. It also doesn't have ceramic guides but I been told that's really not that big a deal. Is the jet worth the extra $$?  It's going on sale in a few weeks at 15% off so that helps out a bit.
Howard
The Dallas woodworker

"I didn't attend the funeral but I did send a letter approving of it"
Mark Twain
Love the 14bx. If I bought new, would have got 18bx.

But 14bx is perfect bandsaw for me
(10-12-2019, 05:46 PM)howardh Wrote: I'm looking at purchasing either a Jet JWBS 15 BS 220v or a Laguna 14BX.  I like the Laguna but I'm pretty tall at 6'2" and the table height on the Jet is about 3-4" higher which would be easier on my back. The downside is it's more expensive and it doesn't have a brake. It also doesn't have ceramic guides but I been told that's really not that big a deal. Is the jet worth the extra $$?  It's going on sale in a few weeks at 15% off so that helps out a bit.

I don't know, but buying any new power tool is always difficult for me, but both are quality tools. So I'm no help to you.

I'm now wrestling with a potential drum sander purchase.  But my question is how do you know there will be a 15% off sale on Jet coming up?  This may influence my choice of a sander.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I like the Laguna saws and have had Grizzly,Delta, Rikon, and Laguna.
Howard, I have a Jet 18" and cannot imagine dealing with a lower table and I am only 5' 8".  I have no experience with either of the saws you are considering.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Could you build a base and put the bandsaw on top of it? ... that would elevate the bandsaw table to where you want it to be  Is there enough ceiling room to do that?
One feature on a bandsaw I'd look for if I was shopping is a hinged blade guard. Both of the Grizzly bandsaws I've owned had blade guards which made it a challenge to take the blade off. It seems like the blade wanted to go everywhere but out the slot it was supposed to.

Earlier this spring at the Weekend with Wood I saw George Vondriska using a Rikon 14" bandsaw. Once he opened the upper and lower doors, pulled out the table insert, George simply opened the blade guard which allowed the blade to easily slip out.

That's definitely a feature I'd look for on any new bandsaw.
(10-14-2019, 09:53 AM)paul2004 Wrote: Could you build a base and put the bandsaw on top of it? ... that would elevate the bandsaw table to where you want it to be  Is there enough ceiling room to do that?

That's what I did, only I wanted to lower my bandsaw table to the same height as table saw & jointer-planer and made it mobile. I think lower tables are better for resaw and larger work, higher table for smaller work like scroll type work. Just my opinion.
I have the Laguna 18BX (the 14BX is quite similar) and truly like everything about it.  I researched a variety of saws (Jet, Rikon, Laguna, more) and with all things considered, I found the 18BX fit my personal needs best.  It appears you are familiar with a variety of the differences between the saws, and in that regard a purchase often comes down to what fits each person's individual wants and needs.  In my case, I preferred the ceramic guides (I have found them to perform great), the brake (huge plus), overall size and mass of the unit, features and quality, and I like having both dust collection ports on the same side of the machine (the Jet configuration would protrude into the workspace where I didn't want it).  If table height is a concern, I agree with Paul that a raised base could be an option.  I purchased my saw when the dealer had a 10% off sale, and in addition they had the saw in stock which saved me the standard delivery fee.  Good luck in your purchase and enjoy the saw you get.