Buying a New Table Saw Help!
Hi all,

I have another post below that I was asking about a portable table saw etc. I have not bought anything in 20 years. My old shop was filled with Delta and Powermatic tools. This is a garage shop with limited space as I mentioned. Some of the advice was to look at hybrid saws. After looking at some of them the space of a Dewalt portable saw is just as much real estate of some of the hybrid saws. The hybrid saws weigh a lot more and have a larger motor. 

So, looking at some of the websites that rate these saws Shop Fox, Grizzly, Powermatic comes up the most. Most of these range in the $900 to $1,200 range which is OK. Anyone have one of these saws and are they of good quality? Never used a Shop Fox. I had no problems making decisions 30 years ago buying my tools. Now, I seem to analyze everything to death. 

Thanks again.

Mike
From time to time I see one of the old Delta Hybrids show up on CL, you don't want to consider used?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have had the Grizzly G1023RL for almost a year and a half and have been very happy with it. I replaced an old contractor saw and was shocked at the difference. I cut lots of hardwood on it and it hasn't had any issues at all.

Scott
(10-14-2019, 11:41 AM)scottbrader Wrote: I have had the Grizzly G1023RL for almost a year and a half and have been very happy with it. I replaced an old contractor saw and was shocked at the difference. I cut lots of hardwood on it and it hasn't had any issues at all.

Scott

The G1023 is not an option for me as I don't have 220 available. The G0771Z is a 2 HP that has just about everything I want and the price of $895 is a good deal. I need to see if I have a Grizzly coupon laying around. I would also need to get a good mobile cart. Not the ones made with wood. But this one is in the running. I wish I could see it. It's a long drive up to Williamsport PA. I used to live about an hour away. It was nice.
(10-14-2019, 11:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: From time to time I see one of the old Delta Hybrids show up on CL, you don't want to consider used?

I had a Delta cabinet saw and sold it when I moved to SC. I saw a contractor saw about 3 hours away on the tool and swap. I don't think I could have gotten that into my SUV. I would hate to rent a truck just for that. It's a possible option.
(10-14-2019, 12:38 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: It's a long drive up to Williamsport PA. I used to live about an hour away. It was nice.

You might want to check before making the trip, but I do believe that Grizzly closed the Williamsport warehouse a few years ago.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(10-14-2019, 02:31 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: You might want to check before making the trip, but I do believe that Grizzly closed the Williamsport warehouse a few years ago.

Yea, when I checked on the website if it was in stock I only saw the one in WA and MO. I did a google search and it said it closed in 2015. I loved going there.
(10-14-2019, 03:11 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Yea, when I checked on the website if it was in stock I only saw the one in WA and MO. I did a google search and it said it closed in 2015. I loved going there.

I would stick with the Rigid portable,It is a great saw with its ability to fold up.It does everything a full size saw can do.Never regreted buying it 15 or so years ago.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(10-14-2019, 09:51 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I would stick with the Rigid portable,It is a great saw with its ability to fold up.It does everything a full size saw can do.Never regreted buying it 15  or so years ago.

Mel

Just bought the Rigid portable myself, it works ok. It replaced the 25yr old Dewalt whose time had come. Took awhile to assemble the rolling base.
If you’re looking at hybrids now, I would suggest looking at full cabinet saws. I store all of my tools in 9’x10’ room that is also used for the laundry, etc. I got a cabinet saw as it was the only thing I could fit through the 36” door when I needed to put tools away. I ended up finding an old Unisaw for $250. If your considering $900 machines, a used cabinet saw of your choice and a replacement motor that will run on 110v power might be the way to go.