DC or shop vac for router table
My experience in my shop is the shop vac works better.

Plus, my router table is mobile so I can use it anywhere in the shop.

And, I don't have a section of ducting to worry about.
(10-27-2019, 09:10 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: For those with a port under the table can you share your setup for that?   I’ve been struggling to find a viable solution.  

Thanks
Mike

Enclose the bottom of the table (if not already), add a shutoff gate, and hook your hose to it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-27-2019, 09:10 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: For those with a port under the table can you share your setup for that?   I’ve been struggling to find a viable solution.  

Thanks
Mike

I would highly recommend the Rockler Dust Bucket. I actually have the Rockler Steel Router Table Cabinet which has an integrated version of the Dust Bucket and hooked to my DC is captures 99% or more of the dust. I love it.

[Image: 42355-01-1000.jpg]
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
This over-and-under the table setup looks like a cheesy piece of junk, but it works amazingly well. (https://www.woodcraft.com/products/keen-...pzEALw_wcB) The best part is that you don't need a big bulky box under your router table that gets in the way of adjusting your router, changing bits, etc. The little flexible plastic (silicone?) donut attaches to the router plate; the router shaft passes through it, and it captures virtually 100% of the dust and chips below my table. I use a separate hook-up for my above-the-table collection that uses the dust hose to my Excalibur blades guard. The one form Woodcraft (above link) is expensive. Amazon sells one that I believe to be identical for less than $40.00. It's made by Miles Craft. (https://www.amazon.com/Milescraft-DR1160...643&sr=8-1)
I just use a shop vac attached to the dust port on the router table fence.
I like that solution mainly because it works pretty well, and is easy to detach, no ducting, etc.
Maybe a dust collector would work better, maybe not..  I had another router table where the router was enclosed in a box (like Norm's router table) hooked up to a DC and to be honest, my shop vac worked better, even when I ran a hose to the router table fence.. However, my set up with the dust collector was not as well planned out as the posters here have posted... Obviously, need to wear a dust mask regardless.