Powermatic 3520 - high pitch noise

New to me 1999 Powermatic 3520.

Runs well, seems to have full speed range, reverse, and enough torque.

But, when it is on it's slowest speed, there is a high pitch electrical sounding whine.  It continues as speed increases, changes pitch, but still there.

Is this an issue? Other than annoyance?  Or normal?

I am selling old lathe and setting this one up as my primary, want to make sure it's good to go before committing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Re: Powermatic 3520 - high pitch noise by Strokes77 (New to me 1999 Power...)
I have a 3520A (which looks the same as yours) and I have no such issue AT ALL. All nice and quiet here. I don't know what is causing your noise/squeal.
It's more of an electrical type hum. It does it even when spindel not turning. Just when speed is turned on a tiny bit.
Mine doesn't do that so it would concern me
Mine is a "3520B" and has never done that.  It would concern me.
Jim

Remember the bird has a right wing and a left wing and uses both to fly. 
Here's a link to a video.

Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/4zi-58pIl-4
I suspect an electronic component, like transistor, that is the culprit. May or may not be risky to use, but is annoying. (Fire risk, I meant)
I'd call powermatic customer service and see if they'd work a repair/swap or something like that. If you're a dyi guy, I suppose you could try to locate the component and replace it yourself.
  Re: RE: Powermatic 3520 - high pitch noise by MidwestMan (I'd call powermatic ...)
My high frequency hearing is gone.  What I hear sounded like bearing noise.  Remove the belt from the motor pulley and operate to determine if there is spindle bearing noise.
Hard to tell for sure but I think it's normal, I have the same lathe (mines a 2005) and it also whines, especially noticable at very slow speed. I think it's just the inverter drive electronics switching noise, maybe there's an inductor that whines or possibly the motor windings themselves. I wouldn't worry about it.