Wondering if you have favorite season(s) or month(s)
(10-20-2019, 06:36 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: You guys are lucky...heated shops.

Simon

Thank you for that reminder. Often times it's easy to forget just how fortunate I have been in life.
Fall/winter. Like mentioned, hot coffee, cool shop, work slows down. Can actually enjoy projects without flying insects, walking around in wet sweaty clothes and having to shower 4 times a day just to feel human. A fire in the pit on the patio....................

I enjoy spring, but all there is to look forward to are the months of hellacious heat and humidity.
Anytime someone is paying me is a good time to be in my shop.  On my own time Winter is the most enjoyable because I don't have anything that has to get done outside besides blowing snow occasionally and even that has become less of a chore since a bored friend bought a plow for his truck and started plowing my driveway.  A heated and RH controlled shop goes a long way in adding to the enjoyment.  

John
Winter. Phoenix summers are just to hot and my garage is not air conditioned.
Winter is woodworking season in North Dakota. Our local woodworking club only runs October through April. I am lucky enough to have a 22'x24' well insulated shop with a 45,000 BTU forced air heater. Takes the shop from 40 degrees to a comfortable 60 degrees in about 10 minutes.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Fall: I am anxious to travel. (Dream of no responsibilities. Don't tie me down.)
Winter: Think about summer's projects. (Cold and rainy, dark with no garage heat.)
Spring: Outdoor and garden projects. (Technically, some woodworking-carpentry....)
Summer: Season-long projects. (Decks, heavy yard stuff, paint, redo house appliances....)

Wait! WAIT! What. Happened. To. My. Time??
I love winter woodworking.   Snug cozy shop... no outside distractions.

My absolute favorite is a week or two before christmas.  I usually make half a dozen gifts in the woodshop... nothing too complicated.  Spoons, Rolling pins, Step Stools, napkin boxes...etc.  Turn on the Christmas music radio station and feel good about life.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(10-22-2019, 01:51 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Wait! WAIT! What. Happened. To. My. Time??
Sounds like you fit the profile of one of those woodworkers who have many PhDs...

Projects half done

Winkgrin 

Simon
Actually all the seasons have something special to them.  Early fall for the beauty would be my favorite. Like others have said I enjoy the toasty warm workshop in winter.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
I also am in Wisconsin, and my shop is in the basement. I prefer winter, I just don't like to be in the basement in the summer. Might be different if my shop was on ground level.