pricing a powermatic 160 planer
I have a Powermatic 160 planer 16", 220 volt, on a nice set of wheels.  I bought it about 8 years ago thinking I would use it (I have a planer in basement I use).  I've decided to sell it.  Question is how much do I ask?  

It's in good shape, I don't think it has been used a lot going by the condition of the paint.  I've never found anything that was repaired on it.

It is a beast, but a good beast.  I just want a fair price.  I have no means of loading it, when I brought it home we winched it down some rams off a trailer.  Buyer will have to deal with that.

Anybody got any good ideas on price?  

Thanks.
I priced it at $800.00. Parent's of a classmate of my daughter's claim they want to purchase it. I guess they recently purchased a saw mill. I think this would work out nice for them.
That seems more than fair. New that machine was probably north of 5 grand and its 220 which most people have in their garage or shop.
(10-22-2019, 02:25 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I have a Powermatic 160 planer 16", 220 volt, on a nice set of wheels.  I bought it about 8 years ago thinking I would use it (I have a planer in basement I use).  I've decided to sell it.  Question is how much do I ask?  

It's in good shape, I don't think it has been used a lot going by the condition of the paint.  I've never found anything that was repaired on it.

It is a beast, but a good beast.  I just want a fair price.  I have no means of loading it, when I brought it home we winched it down some rams off a trailer.  Buyer will have to deal with that.

Anybody got any good ideas on price?  

Thanks.

Just for comparison I found another used planer like yours on E-Bay. They are asking $1900.00 and free shipping. I think your pricing at $800.00 is about right to sell quickly. I used to install and remove woodworking machinery . I laid four 2x8's on the treads and screwed 1/2" sheathing to the lumber. 3or 4 screws to each of the four 2x8's to keep them inline. Depending on the basement door and exit door winching was used to pull the machine up the stairs. Easiest way if the exit and the basement doors are in line or at least within reason. 
Most of the time I had to place the tool on a wheeled skid with 10" inflatable tires. Large tires made the transition from stairs to landing easy as the skid does not hang up on the top tread. For one or two pieces of machinery I used a 4x6 wood gantry to raise each machine, then backed up til the load was in position. Lowered load ,removed straps and took apart the gantry ( 8/10 minutes) two men.
I sometimes had to load many machines and leased a lift truck. 
This was mainly side work or I would have bought a fudge lift and my own lift truck. Usually the hardest part was finding a place to bolt the winches to without major damage. This was different on every move. 

mike
It is on a very well made base with about 8" industrial swivel steel wheels. Enough to roll it but enough weight that it won't go by itself. If this sale falls through, I will "Craigs list" it at $1,000.