Off center chuck suggestions please
I’d like to try eccentric turning. Suggestions for a chuck please.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
The last time I saw this done the guy doing it was using a regular 3" faceplate and all he did was loosen two of the screws holding the piece and rotate it just a bit before re-securing the the two removed screws. Seemed to work okay for him...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
The idea of using a faceplate never crossed my mind. Great idea. I will definitly give it a try.
Right now I am in the process of making an off center chuck out of two pieces of 1"x6" Aluminum.  When I am done I will show everyone what I made and either give the instructions to those here who ask for it or make and sell them.

I am pretty sure it will be able to do 72 different positions including center.

I just finished my version of the Accu-Slice machine and it works wonderfully.  It only cost about $70 in parts but will figure that out later.  The one I have now is version 4.
Crazy

I did it so each part can be taken down and stored instead of one huge piece but I think I have only 3 pieces total.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-24-2019, 12:29 PM)Turner52 Wrote: The idea of using a faceplate never crossed my mind. Great idea. I will definitly give it a try.

don't forget to add counter weight
For Fun I turned this from a single block of cherry. it was a woodturning challenge we use to do on the WoodNet

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
How do you add the counterweight and at what point is it needed? On small ligth weight can you get away withoutit. I have never done off center and did not realize you needed a counterweight. Guess I will need to youtube it. Any of your favorites would be appreciated.
(10-28-2019, 12:51 PM)Turner52 Wrote: How do you add the counterweight and at what point is it needed? On small ligth weight can you get away withoutit. I have never done off center and did not realize you needed a counterweight. Guess I will need to youtube it. Any of your favorites would be appreciated.
You add it if the lathe shakes to much for comfort. but not always needed. I just screwed some scraps directly across from the turning until it levels out some.

I didn't add any for this one

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thanks for the answers