Chisel id
Found a bunch of Sorby chisels at estate sale today.
Can someone tell me what this chisel is called? It's the only carbide one.
My guess it's for cutting under the lip of a bowl.
Thanks for any info.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
No picture + for 17
(10-26-2019, 12:09 PM)Turner52 Wrote: No picture + for 17

+1
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

oops. Doesn't like my file type!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
oop's

(10-26-2019, 01:14 PM)Pirate Wrote: oop's
Your guess is correct.  It is for interior undercutting, but is more used for lidded boxes and such.  Usually you can work a narrow gouge to undercut the rim of a bowl.  You have a scraper, while a gouge will allow you to cut, giving a smoother surface.  I own the round nose and trapezoid types, and they are used very carefully, so as not to grab or crush that abrupt edge.  Sanding rounds the edge away,  making the gouge a better deal most places.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(10-26-2019, 01:36 PM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Your guess is correct.  It is for interior undercutting, but is more used for lidded boxes and such.  Usually you can work a narrow gouge to undercut the rim of a bowl.  You have a scraper, while a gouge will allow you to cut, giving a smoother surface.  I own the round nose and trapezoid types, and they are used very carefully, so as not to grab or crush that abrupt edge.  Sanding rounds the edge away,  making the gouge a better deal most places.

Thanks. Don't do much turning and trying to decide what chisels to sell.
Looks like something used to make the dovetail on a tenon
VH07V