Boxes
A buddy's neighbor felled a 4' diameter BLM maple tree about a year ago and made a deal to get the best of the tree to the tune of about 600 lb of curl, burl, fiddleback, spalt and angel step. There is still several hundred pounds more of unfigured stuff to pick up. These boxes are made from that wood with secondary woods being santos rosewood, Gabon ebony and African blackwood.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cellulose runs through my veins!
very nice looking boxes
Stunning wood and fine workmanship.  I really, really like the first one.  

John
I love making boxes.  Very nice work.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nice boxes! I like the design and as others have said, the wood is stunning!
Those are beautiful, Steve!

Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Gorgeous! You certainly did justice to some awesome material.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Lovely work - thanks for sharing!

Doug
Both beautiful boxes. You sure the first one isn't Santos mahogany? Looks more like mahogany than rosewood to me.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(10-28-2019, 03:38 PM)AHill Wrote: Both beautiful boxes.  You sure the first one isn't Santos mahogany?  Looks more like mahogany than rosewood to me.

Yes, you are right. I mis-remembered the wood type.
Cellulose runs through my veins!