Storing wood standing on end
Standing on end is the way many lumber supply stores do it. Just make sure they are up off the floor on some dunnage. You don't want the end grain directly contacting the ground or the floor.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The local BORGs store their trim lumber on end. Not a straight piece in the entire store. Of course it's probably not very dry when they get it.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I store mine on edge horizontally. Pull any board out th check grain, without touching any other boards.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Any warping will probably occur while the wood is drying stacked to allow it to dry evenly. Or if the wood has tension.

I would still allow a little space between each vertical board to maintain an equal ability to handle fluctuations in humidity.