Bosch 1582vs blade change problem
Went to use my trusty Bosch 1582vs jig saw, and I can't get the long screwdriver to engage the slot to disengage blade.
Any thoughts?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(10-28-2019, 10:09 AM)Pirate Wrote: Went to use my trusty Bosch 1582vs jig saw, and I can't get the long screwdriver to engage the slot to disengage blade.
Any thoughts?

If I recall the screwdriver is a long thin straight slot type. The slot on the screw may be worn. If you can be sure the tip is in the slot, then tap gently on the handle to seat the tip while turning the handle. I would remove the screw completely to see if the slot is worn. If so, replace the screw. Not sure how your saw comes apart if this method doesn't work. You may have to send it out to a Bosch Service center as a last resort.
I just thought of another way, there are wedge type screw drivers that fit snugly in almost any straight slot. Electricians among others use them to hold small straight slotted screws. They have two blades that are tapered and thin .A sleeve on the two blades holds them together and also snugs up the blades in the slot.
You enter the blades, pull the sleeve back to tighten the blades against the slot.
Not sure if these screw drivers are made long enough to reach the slot. I have three, one is for slots for 0-80 to 3/48 screws, very small and thin but only 5" long. Others are longer but maybe too wide. Worth searching for if ServiceĀ  Center is expensive.

mike