Bearings?
(10-30-2019, 07:43 AM)Cooler Wrote: Our company produces wire components for automotive customers.  One of the wire components we produced years ago was coated with PTFE after forming.  The part was used in truck seats and the PTFE was applied to eliminate squeaking where the wires crossed each other. 

My belief is that PTFE will eliminate squeaks, but I have not made any personal observations on that.

Prior to using the PTFE we used paper wrapped wire for the same purpose, but that wire required dedicated machinery and the PTFE coated parts could be run on conventional wire forming equipment for a lot less money.

Okay, thanks.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(10-30-2019, 02:18 PM)Cooler Wrote: Can  you post a photo of the application?

No, I can't. It's still in the prototype stage, I haven't actually constructed it yet.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!