workbench depth
My roubo is about 24 inches wide.  Seems plenty big for me.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I decided to make it easy and take 10" off and end up with 28" depth. I didn't mention that it is also in a "contained area" next to a post and two walls. I will project past them about 2".

Got the top assembly (except for the top itself) cut down and reassembled. Need to do the bottom next. It's a cabinet that is about 2' wide that sits in the center. Years ago my uncle made legs out of 3" x 5" angle iron that bolt onto the corners. The top is solid maple 1 1/4". It is a very solid bench, and heavy.
My workbench doesn’t the last 15 years is 24” deep. I’ve never wished for anything deeper at all.
-Marc

(10-29-2019, 06:27 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I know this has probably been asked before.

All thoughts are appreciated

I stopped placing my workbench against a wall a few decades ago.  I have always used an island style workbench which I can get to all four sides.   Behind the bench I do have a shallow "backbench" with tools hung above it.   Love the arrangement.
WoodNET... the new safespace
When I have to repair or make doors and window screens, I'm glad mine is 36" deep. Otherwise I could get along with 30".
I made a smaller roll around for misc work.

Since you have a workbench elsewhere in the shop and this one is against the wall, I'd think 26" and take the 12" left over to make a shelf with.