Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site
(10-31-2019, 01:26 PM)Alan Wrote: He has opinions, and writes clearly enough that you can tell what he's talking about.  I frequently disagree with the opinion but find the reasons and discussion helpful to the way I think about the topics.  For instance, in a review the least valuable part is the bottom line where someone tells you what they think is "best".  If there is enough said that you can evaluate the criteria as well as the tools, you can decide whether the conclusions are relevant to your needs, and at best choose a different preferred product based on other criteria.  I find that Chris's discussion and reviews almost always provide enough to be helpful in that sort of manner.

Agree.  While Chris sometimes stirs the pot, he can support his point of view, and I say ok.  Opinions are good, I have mine, everybody has theirs, and it's all good.  If he can make a living with his opinions, I say more power to him, and I'm glad he is around to push, question, and occasionally have a brain fart!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-31-2019, 12:47 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: ...I just have bought enough toys (and books), and are staying away from marketing blogs.

Simon

Never!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(11-01-2019, 09:30 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Never!
You ever consider manscaping?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Bob10 Wrote: You ever consider manscaping?

Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Bob10 Wrote: You ever consider manscaping?

No, why do you ask?

[Image: 06-bigfoot-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=900]
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
My $0.02

I'm a big fan of Chris'

He's one heck of a nice guy.  His maturity, curiosity, and enthusiasm comes out in eveything that he does. Almost everything that he publishes teaches me something or at least gets to consider woodworking in a new way.

Few have added more to the current Renaissance of [hand tool] woodworking than he.
Peter

My "day job"
Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Anything about Paul Sellers
Anything about  Chris Schwarz
Any mention of Harbor Freight
Almost any sharpening question

Some here, don't even bother to read to opening statements....they just go off on their own little crusades.......

Oh well...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(11-01-2019, 03:59 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Some here, don't even bother to read to opening statements....they just go off on their own little crusades.......

Oh well...

Not haters, just differences of opinion.  You have yours, others have theirs. Its all good.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-01-2019, 03:59 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Oh well...

You forgot ...
Steve Gass (SAWSTOP)!

Some people still can't let go even after the company has been sold. More than one has said they would rather lose a finger than do business with [fill in the blank].

Simon
LMAO.....the complaint dept. link and story did what he wanted.....got a whole lot of peoples shorts in a bunch.

Anyone working on getting the keg-o-rator in the basement fixed?

Ed