Norms rocking horse in oak
I built this for my granddaughter who is 10 months old
I can’t wait until she is big enough to try it
The oak was graciously offered here for free by another member (thanks again vapochilled)
I learned a lot on this project as I tried to use as many hand tools as possible

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work! Your granddaughter is very lucky.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
(10-30-2019, 02:11 PM)johndi Wrote: I built this for my granddaughter who is 10 months old
I can’t wait until she is big enough to try it
The oak was graciously offered here for free by another member (thanks again vapochilled)
I learned a lot on this project as I tried to use as many hand tools as possible

Nice job!

Question: do the sides splay out a bit for some stability???
Dumber than I appear
Nice work.

Now's a good time to get started on that wooden SUV.
That was one of my favorite projects. Before it was completely finished I was taking care of my 2 year old granddaughter. She would get to ride the unfinished horse. Bribing grandchildren is a right of all grandpa’s. 
RonL

Attached Files Image(s)

DP the sides splay out at 12*
At the rate I build, I was lucky to have it done before she went to high school!
Ron, what did you use for a finish on yours?

I’m planning on Armrseal?
I have made several of that plan. I think the first was for a neighbor’s daughter who is now working in her dad’s hardware store. She and her two younger sisters used it, and it has been saved for the next generation

Very nice Johndi!  Your grand-daughter will be a happy little girl.

Lonnie
John I am an oil guy. Think it was Deft danish oil. But that little girl is now 24 and just got married. 
RonL