Any good circuit tracers
(11-04-2019, 06:51 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Thanks!

The Klein circuit breaker finder is just that,not a circuit tracer.  Do not expect it to follow the wire inside of a wall.   Roly
To answer your question, yes there are good circuit tracers.  Can you buy one for $100? None that I have tried in that price range have been very good.

I would suggest renting a good one and doing all your tracing at one time and document the paths.  While you have it, locate all underground cables on your property such as power, cable, telephone, irrigation controls etc.  You can get a price from these folks to see if it is in the ballpark for your needs.  BTW, I have no experience or affiliation with this company.  You may also want to check with tool/equipment rental placed in your area.

If you are prepared for the work you can accomplish it all in a couple of days then send it back.

Good luck!!

Steve
How about that! I had no idea you could rent those things, especially over the internet! Thanks. I, too, am trying to make sense out of some wiring.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
This is the one that I got a few years back. It has worked well for me, not that I use it a lot but it does what I need when I need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instrument...224&sr=8-4

Jon in American fudge